Thursday, February 21, 2013

Drinking this will give you a berry smooth snatch

Drinking chocolate protein powder mixed with water for post workout recovery is boring, and my snatch isn't getting any better, so I concocted this super smoothie which I guarantee will help you achieve a body weight snatch or better within this millennium.

handful fresh strawberries
handful frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 shot of flax seed oil
1 cup whole milk (skim milk is just dirty water, don't use it!)
2 scoops vanilla or plain protein powder


Pop this all in a blender and blend - go slow at first so it doesn't splatter.



Depending on what's available, you can switch which fruit is frozen, blueberries, strawberries, or the banana; but I recommend keeping the ratio of one frozen to two fresh to get the best consistency. This will easily store for 24 hours in the refrigerator if you use the recommended ratio of fresh to frozen fruit. It'll just require a quick shake. However, if you use too much frozen fruit, it will contain too much water which will result in separation upon storage and it won't be nearly as smooth and creamy; even after shaking to recombine.

For the protein powder, I like whey because it has a creamy consistency and least offensive taste and odor.  My favorite brand is Solgar Whey To Go, but I suppose you could use Progenex as well; I haven't tested it yet. 

Enjoy~


Post a Comment